For Our Returning Guests
Facilities & Landscape Changes
Harbin today is in many ways quite different from what it was before the fire of 2015. Outside of the pool area, most of the old structures are gone, and the landscape has been dramatically reshaped. Our ambiance is more rustic, and services more limited. But you will find the feelings of the water and land, and the peaceful, welcoming atmosphere throughout our property are all deeply familiar.
- Limited Parking & Vehicle Access
Parking is limited, and may be further from the pools than you remember, especially if you brought gear. Only guests with displayed ADA Parking Permits are allowed to drive up to or park near the pool area.
- Improved Accessibility at Pools
Our guests with disabilities will find the pool area much more accommodating. See the Pools page for details.
- Personal Storage
There is currently one area at the pools for storing your personal property and protecting it from sun and rain. Please plan to lock your food and all valuables (including cameras, computers, tablets, phones, and all electronic wearables) in your vehicle.
- More Sun
Be prepared for less shade, and far fewer indoor spaces where you can escape the weather. Please bring what you will need to protect yourself appropriately from the elements, including sunscreen, a hat, protective clothing, and rain gear during the wet season.
- Limited Food Options
Without a market, restaurant, guest kitchen or refrigerators, visitors either bring their own meals, or take advantage of the new outdoor café. Hardester’s grocery in Middletown is slated to reopen in Fall 2019. See the Food Options page for details.
- New Hiking Trails
Your favorite hiking trail may no longer exist, but there are new ones to explore. See the Hiking page for details.
- Vehicle Length Limit of 22′
Our parking and turn-around areas are fewer and smaller, and we need to limit vehicle size for access and safety reasons. If you plan to tow a trailer, the total length of your vehicle and trailer must be below the 22’ limit. See the Over 6-Hour Visits page for details.
- Construction Sites
Many portions of our property — including the mainside and pools area — have become active construction sites, with outside contractors, equipment and personnel moving about. We will try to announce any foreseeable projects at the link on our Reservation page, but guests should not be surprised to encounter construction noise or disruptions during their stay.
System & Policy Updates
We have had to change how we operate in some areas, and have improved services in others.
- Online Reservation & Pre-Check-In Options. You now have the option of making a lodging reservation online, or by phone. Reservations are recommended for limited lodging space, but “walk-ins” are welcome. For 6- or over 6-hour extended visits, you can pre-check-in online, quickening your registration upon arrival. Rates for online or phone reservations, or for walk-in, are the same. See Rates & Reservation page.
- Past Memberships. If you had a valid membership of any type at the time of our closing on 9/12/2015, your membership will be honored. If you use our online system, you will be required to purchase at least a 1-month $10 membership, which will generate a new member number for your future bookings (see your receipt). When you check in for this first visit, ask us to confirm your old membership and refund the payment.
- New Check-in Location. Most times of the day, you will pass our old kiosk (where you used to stop and register) and follow signs to our new registration area, which is located in the main parking lot. You will park here temporarily while you check in at our reception office.
- New Guest Agreements. We’ve updated our rules (including those related to phones and marijuana use), so see the link on the Rates & Reservation page.
To change, cancel or get assistance with Reservations or Pre-Check-In, call 707-987-2477 (9 am to 8 pm)